Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog #17: art project #3

Sweet Jesus, why do I always bite off more than I can chew?! So this next impending project is meant to imploy the element of the body by extending it, implying it, what have you. A concept that kept circulating in my mind was the erogenous zones be them personal or generalized (do not nibble on my ears. ew) Actually it's more about stimulation. What stimulates us? Is it intentional or unintentional? Learned or instinctual? For example: breasts. A man sees them and is arroused. Can he control being arroused by the sight of them? Can a woman control the effect she has on a man? Can either of them escape this stimulation? When a woman dresses up in a revealing outfit she can't be oblivious to the reaction she may receive by men even if that is not her attention and men find this difficult to believe. So from this I took a man and a woman and connected the man's stimulative body parts (nose, eyes, mouth, penis, hands etc) and connected them to the area of the woman that might create arousal. Granted these connections aren't exclusive as a man might be visually, phsyically, olfactally or ..tastefully aroused by a womans vagina (to each their own) but I just decided to be varied. This concept is not reciprocated by the woman in this case...in a series it would be. Nonetheless they are connected. I just recently read the play Streetcar Named Desire which explores the sexual affect woman have over man and the physical control men have over women. The male figure may pull the woman but conversely the woman may pull the man. The point is, the connection and relation is inexcapable and always present.

How do I plan to construct this? To heck if I know. Most likely I'm going to have to sew a pair of unitards made from similar fabric (red cotton knit) and get a boy (most likely me) and a girl (no idea who) to wear them. I don't know where I'll get a sewing machine, I don't know if I can afford the fabric, and I don't have a unitard pattern so I'm gonna have to wing and fit it. Ugh. But...I shall persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment