Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog #6: Abstract Project - 5 sketches

So this blog will also serve as my latest update on my abstract project. I'm done! After much aggravation, aerosol, and comfort food it is finished. My roommates are certainly relieved as they will no longer have to worry about finding some stranger's hair in the most inconvenient of places. During the process, I actually referred to my original 5 sketches very rarely and upon looking back I'm shocked with how close the end product resembled the concept design. Mind you the materials are far from what I had originally intended. My original skin was going to be a synthetic cobweb made from a secret technique of mine....sadly it was too delicate to transport literally melting in the presence of humidity. I can't remember when, but hair suddenly struck me as the most appropriate material after noticing the vaginal shape my piece had taken. But despite what one might think the hair was fairy easy to work with. It was the aluminum that gave me grief. Granted I wasn't very mathematical about my approach but the skeleton kept warping on me and while I had intended for it to be free-standing...I had no better option than to reinforce the bottom with a platform. All things considered, I'm really really pleased with how its turned out. Hopefully I'll eventually get a picture of it so y'all (imaginary y'all reading this) can see and compare for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment